JL Audio C3-570 C3 Series 5"x7” Convertible Component Speaker System
C3-570 2-Way Convertible Component / Coaxial System: 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm) Woofer, 1-inch (25 mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
There are times when an installation calls for a separate woofer and tweeter and other times when a coaxial is the better approach. With the Evolution® C3 Convertible Component Systems, the same product can be deployed in either configuration, delivering outstanding audio power and quality in each application.
Many people mistakenly believe that an oval speaker cannot perform as well as a round one, leading to many instances of 5.25-inch speakers being installed into 5 x 7-inch openings. JL Audio has put in the engineering time and effort to create fantastic-sounding speakers that drop into oval openings and deliver equivalent performance to our 6.5-inch (165 mm) round speaker systems... guaranteed. So, don't make the mistake of losing cone area and efficiency by stepping down to a smaller round speaker... these ovals are as impressive as our round format systems.
The C3-570 system features 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm) component woofers with oversized 1.2-inch (30.5 mm) voice coils, mineral-filled polypropylene cones and injection-molded polymer baskets. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C3 tweeters are built with 1-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. They can also be mounted onto the woofers in a coaxial format using the included fixtures.
C3 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations!
• component speaker system includes two 5"x7" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
• mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
• glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
• 1" silk dome tweeter
• 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
• tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
• phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
• power range: 5-75 watts RMS
• frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
• sensitivity: 90 dB
• depth: 2-9/16"
• warranty: 1 year