JL Audio HD Series HD900/5 5-channel Car Amplifier
HD900/5 5-Channel Class D System Amplifier, 100 W x 4 + 500 W x 1
Thanks to its ability to act as a "one-box solution", the HD900/5 is ideal for installations where space is at a premium and sound quality is the paramount goal.
While extremely compact, this amazing amplifier will comfortably drive a complete high-performance car audio system: that is, four satellite speaker systems and a subwoofer system... with a very serious 900 watts of power!
Using our Single Cycle Control switching design and R.I.P.S. technology, the HD900/5 delivers 100 W x 4 to its four main channels, plus a very meaty 500 W to its subwoofer channel. Thanks to R.I.P.S., high power can be delivered over a wide range of load impedances, while the tight power supply regulation keeps distortion down, maximizing sound quality. From a pure sound quality perspective, we invite you to compare the real-world, in-car performance of this amplifier to any other amplifier on the market, of any type, at any price.
This amplifier features a brushed aluminum finish with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel. A black powder-coated, gasketed cover is also provided to protect the controls.
• 5-channel amplifer
• 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
• 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 1.5-3 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
• 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged (at 3-6 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 at (1.5-4 ohms)
• variable high-pass filter on front and rear channels (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
• variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
• subsonic filter on sub channel (24 dB/oct at 30 Hz)
• removable power and speaker plugs
• optional wired remote for level control
• Class D amplifier design
• MOSFET power and output stages
• differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
• speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
• preamp outputs
• 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
• no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
• 10-3/4"W x 1-15/16"H x 8-5/16"D